The key differentiators
Mentorship: Continuous mentorship from cross-section of experts who handhold the startups throughout the incubation period. A lot of Startups fail to recognize the value of having a mentor to talk to or confide in. It makes a difference and can impact your business in very tangible ways.
Professional Services: A startup needs valuable inputs and guidance on protecting IP, Legal, Tax, Compliance etc. Orygin, drawing in from years of expertise from FM will guide startups in this journey which an important foundation for future growth.
Market Acceleration: Apart from Capital and Talent, the most critical aspect for building blocks of an organization is Market traction with its Beta product or Proof of Concept [POC]. Orygin mentors and its vast connections in the corporate world cutting across functions and industries can build the much needed Market Acceleration with specific engagements.
Some more benefits..
- Orygin is a stone’s throw away from MG Road, a central location within Bangalore. Start-ups can minimise the time needed for intra-city commutes to meet potential customers, government departments, potential investors or others in the CBD areas.
- Orygin offers fifteen (15) desks in an open seating format. Additionally, there is one meeting room (seating capacity of 6) with telephone, white board etc.
- The entire facility has high speed wi-fi connectivity and uninterrupted power supply supported by power back up.
- Subject to prior booking and availability, Orygin can facilitate with consent from the Firm the following at the offices of the Firm:
- -access to a conference room (seating capacity of 15 people, with white board and projector facilities)
- -Video Conference facility as also conference call/bridge facility to initiate and receive calls.
- -Orygin may assist its incubators in applying for grants/funds from the state and central governments (provided the start-up is otherwise qualified to receive such funding).
Additional benefits :
Orygin is probably the first incubator in Bangalore and perhaps in India that is so closely linked to a full-service law firm and thus equipped to cater to diverse business needs. It means that in addition to co-working spaces, start-ups benefit from access to one-stop access to a bouquet of legal, IP, accounting, tax, secretarial compliance and consulting services.
Unlike other incubator programs that make a token investment in consideration of which, take an equity stake in the venture, Orygin does not make a token investment. So promoter retains complete control over their venture till external investors are brought in. Through Fox Mandal, start-ups incubated at Orygin have access to professional advice on funding options and the necessary documentation.
The Foundation’s linkages with other strategic incubator programs and Venture Capitalist [Individual Angels & Structured] will give Orygin unique access to advisors and investment opportunities. Orygin will go beyond the normal practice of contest based funding.
Orygin has partnered with successful entrepreneurs and functional experts from diverse domain such as HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Strategy, Sales etc. Incubates at Orygin would get direct access to these mentors.
Orygin can facilitate tapping into the vast client-base of the firm (or other contacts) to identify potential customers/investors. Orygin may facilitate special pricing arrangements for legal, IP, compliance and accounting services provided by the firm and its group entities.